Friday, May 13, 2011

SA VA Free Fashion Show - In Review

The fun little free event from this week's bucket list was in fact, worth going to. Between 17th and 18th, the street was shut down, and the runway was in place. While the models obviously weren't professionals, but they carried themselves well for the giant step up and down at the start of the runway that would have grounded me if I took it in sneakers. Among some generic techno/folk beats, the DJ played a fan favorite from Foster the People, "Pumped Up Kicks," and had the crowd bobbing their heads. Bonus? Free gourmet pizza and vitamin water/ciroc bevys













The part you're waiting for must be the clothing rundown - it was, after all, a fashion show. Preface: Not my style of clothing. On that note, they were free flowing, nature-esque pieces that except for a couple, I wouldn't be caught dead in. But then, I just never appreciated a good one-piece-combo-skirt-wrap-with-bell-bottom-wide-leg pants underneath. The good news is, I can't afford anything from Sa Va anyway, and if I could, I would probably be telling you how lovely every piece of her collection was (It was). I will say, the orange faux-wrap dress in the closing shot is my favorite, and I think it converted me to a Sa Va follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment